Last Update: 04/12/2013 16:04
What will you learn?
Work is an important part of life so when you stop full time
surgery or are approaching retirement, you need to take time to
plan for the next stage. It's crucial that as much thinking and
planning are undertaken for life after surgery as was given to
building your career in the first place.
Surgeons who attend can expect to:
- receive information about retirement and motivation to plan for
- share the experience of retired Fellows to stimulate interest
in alternative careers and lifestyles
- gain financial and legal management information and
Key learning outcomes
- To know when to put the scalpel down.
- To better understand the psycho-social changes associated with
- To build a well-balanced, active and creative retirement.
- To be aware of the legal requirements of selling or winding
down a practice.
- To broaden understanding of a superannuation opportunities and
Target group - Surgeons from all specialties
who are considering retirement from operative or other types of
surgical practice will benefit from attending this day long
workshop. Fellows from a variety of disciplines and their partners
join with colleagues and corporate speakers in an interactive
discussion format that focuses on three sessions:
- preparing for retirement
- options after retirement
- resources to realise options.
Sponsorship - This activity is proudly
supported by the Bongiorno National Network
Location and date: 15 November 2014:
Convened face-to-face workshop - Sydney, VIC, Australia
Co-convened face-to-face workshop via web link - Perth, WA,
Online - live via web link
Fee: (all values include GST):
A$250 (Fellows only)
A$355 (Fellows and partner)
A$310 (non members of the College)
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
points: 6 points in category 4
Presenters: Assoc Prof Bruce Waxman (convenor),
Consultants and College Fellows: Senior Surgeons Group
Registration: Please download the registration form (PDF 454 KB)
and submit it by post, fax or email to the Department of Professional Development. (view
More information: Contact the Department of Professional Development.
In the unlikely event that insufficient registrations are
received to make the activity viable, or the date or location of a
Professional Development activity is changed, the College takes no
responsibility for additional individual costs incurred as a
result. Please note that registrations are not confirmed until
payment has been processed.
If a participant cancels their place in a workshop the following
- For cancellations between two and four weeks before the
workshop, participants are eligible for a 50% refund.
- There are no refunds for cancellations less than two weeks
before the workshop.
- However, at the discretion of the Professional Development
Manager, registrants may be offered a refund or given the
opportunity to transfer to another relevant Professional
- Consideration will be given to circumstances of a medical or
Privacy: Professional Development events may be
photographed for promotional purposes. If you do not wish for your
image to be published, please contact the Department of
Department of Professional Development
Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
College of Surgeons' Gardens
250-290 Spring Street
East Melbourne VIC 3002 Australia
Telephone: +61 3 9249 1106
Fax: +61 3 9276 7412