Otolaryngology Head & Neck Surgery
Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
Find a Surgeon
Last Update: 03/10/2013 11:38
The requirements for the thesis are:
- An original dissertation of 5,000 to 10,000 words, including
references, created over a two year period (SET 3 and SET 4) and
submitted by the end of SET 4. The thesis should be able to be
- Trainees who have successfully completed a higher degree (PhD
or Masters) are exempt from the thesis requirement. Trainess
must supply their thesis title and acknowledgement of receipt from
the University as proof of completion.
- The thesis must be on a Cardiothoracic Surgery topic.
- A pass is mandatory.
- A pass with commendation is recommended.
- A case report or work written by other people would not be
- Consequence of failure would be for the trainee to re-write the
thesis, providing the concept was acceptable.
- The Trainee would not be eligible to present for the
Fellowship Examination until the thesis is completed to
- Trainees should not require time out from their clinical work
to write this thesis.
- The thesis will be marked by a subcommittee, including at least
one Board member, as well as members of the Cardiothoracic Surgery
Science and Education Subcommittee.