Otolaryngology Head & Neck Surgery
Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
Find a Surgeon
Last Update: 30/01/2013 18:12
The requirements for the thesis are:
- This research requirement will be introduced for trainees
selected onto Cardiothoracic Surgery training from 2008 (commencing
SET 1 or SET 2 in 2009).
- An original dissertation of 10,000 words, including references,
created over a two year period (SET 3 and SET 4) and completed by
the end of SET 4. The thesis should be able to be published.
- Trainees who have successfully completed a higher degree are
exempt from the thesis requirement
- A pass is mandatory.
- A pass with commendation is recommended.
- A case report or work written by other people would not be
- Consequence of failure would be for the trainee to re-write the
thesis, providing the concept was acceptable.
- Trainees do not require to take time out from their clinical
work to write this thesis.
- The thesis will be marked by a subcommittee, including at least
one Board member, as well as members of the Cardiothoracic Surgery
Science and Education Subcommittee.