On this page
The course will cover such topics as:
- Understanding learners and what is needed for learning
- Planning teaching to support learning
- Using questions effectively
- Recognising teaching and learning opportunities in the clinical environment
- How to give effective feedback and avoid the "pitfalls"
- Assessing trainees and how you as an assessor influence the reliability and validity of assessments
Is this course right for me?
The FSSE is for anyone who is involved in teaching or training in a surgical environment.
With the release of the RACS Action Plan: Building Respect and Improving Patient Safety, the Foundation Skills for Surgical Educators course is mandatory for Surgeons who are involved in the training and assessment of RACS SET Trainees.
This course is delivered both face to face, and online via five eLeaning Modules and a webinar.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points:
This educational activity has been approved in the RACS CPD Program.
RACS Fellows, Specialist International Medical Graduates (SIMGs)
and surgeons participating in the RACS CPD Program can claim one point per hour
in Educational Activities.
This course entitles participants involved in the College CPD program up to 7 points.
Participation in this activity will be entered into your RACS CPD which can be accessed through the ehub.
For further enquiries about the CPD program, please contact the team: CPD.College@surgeons.org or +61 3 9249 1282