On this page
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the relationship and the communication pathways between RACS and its training boards.
- Implement RACS policies and procedures.
- Describe the roles and responsibilities of SET supervisors, trainers and trainees.
- Discuss how to support trainee learning and provide a safe learning environment.
- Identify RACS assessment requirements.
- Plan how to evaluate their supervision.
Is this course right for me?
Supervisors and Trainers of SET who are new to the role, or who would like a refresher on their roles and responsibilities.
This course is delivered via three eLearning modules and two online workshops.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points
As RACS transitions towards a new and innovative CPD framework, there will be specific CPD activities that Fellows will be asked to undertake between January and June 2021. During this time, other education activities will not be recognised for CPD points, however we encourage Fellows to continue to participate in education activities relevant to their scope of practice and learning needs.
For Fellows who undertook this activity prior to 31 December 2020, CPD was allocated at one point per hour (maximum of six points) in Category 3 - Maintenance of Knowledge and Skills.
For further enquiries about the new CPD program, please contact the team: CPD.College@surgeons.org or +61 3 9249 1282