On this page
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Write SMART goals as part of a Professional Development Learning Plan
- Identify the role of feedback in keeping trainees on track
- Identify types of Trainee performance
- Describe the process for identifying underperformance
- Identify underperformance and develop an action plan
- Determine if an action plan is being effective and how to modify if required
Is this course right for me?
This course is well suited to surgical Supervisors and Trainers who are seeking best-practice frameworks, and applying their educator duties in a manner that brings out the best in their Trainees.
This course will be delivered online.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points
This educational activity has been approved in the RACS CPD Program.
RACS Fellows, Specialist International Medical Graduates (SIMGs) and surgeons participating in the RACS CPD Program can claim one point per hour in Educational Activities.
This course entitles participants involved in the College CPD program up to 3 points.
Participation in this activity will be entered into your RACS CPD which can be accessed through the ehub.
For further enquiries about the CPD program, please contact the team: CPD.College@surgeons.org or +61 3 9249 1282