On this page
By the end of this course participants will be able to:
- deliver excellent learner‐centred surgical education
- describe the relationship between trust and giving effective feedback
- identify appropriate steps to supporting trainees at risk
- challenge supervisor bias in others
- describe programmatic assessment
- create opportunities for leadership in surgical education.
Is this course right for me?
This course is appropriate for supervisors, surgical educators and Fellows who may be interested.
This course is delivered face to face.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points
As RACS transitions towards a new and innovative CPD framework, there will be specific CPD activities that Fellows will be asked to undertake between January and June 2021. During this time, other education activities will not be recognised for CPD points, however we encourage Fellows to continue to participate in education activities relevant to their scope of practice and learning needs.
For Fellows who undertook this activity prior to 31 December 2020, CPD was allocated at one point per hour (maximum of 14 points) in Category 3 - Maintenance of Knowledge and Skills.
For further enquiries about the new CPD program, please contact the team: CPD.College@surgeons.org or +61 3 9249 1282