On this page
- Identify the role of the clinical leader and the opportunities for leadership in surgery
- Identify own preferred leadership style and how personal values can influence behaviour
- Discover what motivates team members and how to build cohesive teams
- Determine strategies for taking action and overcoming barriers to change
- Identify strategies for dealing with conflict effectively
- Understand the principles of emotional intelligence and insight
- Adapt their communication style and behaviour to different settings
- Recognise and appropriately respond to stressors in themselves and others
Is this course right for me?
Younger Fellows, Senior SETs, and all other fellows who hold leadership positions.
This two-day course is delivered face-to-face by RACS Fellows and invited speakers.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points
As RACS transitions towards a new and innovative CPD framework, there will be specific CPD activities that Fellows will be asked to undertake between January and June 2021. During this time, other education activities will not be recognised for CPD points, however we encourage Fellows to continue to participate in education activities relevant to their scope of practice and learning needs.
For Fellows who undertook this activity prior to 31 December 2020, CPD was allocated at one point per hour (maximum of 10 points) in Category 3 - Maintenance of Knowledge and Skills.
For further enquiries about the new CPD program, please contact the team: CPD.College@surgeons.org or +61 3 9249 1282