On this page
Please note, course registration page will be offline on Thursday 6 August from 11am - 1pm AEST.
Candidates are encouraged to register on the course at least six weeks prior to course commencement to ensure adequate preparation. Registrations close three weeks prior to course commencement.
ASSET courses with places available
Please note, due to high demand and COVID-19 regulations all 2020 ASSET courses are currently full. You can nominate a reserve place for courses that are full.
Registrations for 2021 courses will open in November 2020, please monitor this webpage for join the Skills Training mailing list to be kept informed.
What is being done:
- We are investigating the delivery of additional unscheduled courses in 2020. Please keep monitoring the ASSET webpages or join the Skills Training mailing list for updates.
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, many candidates have not been able to secure a course place in 2020. For 2021 registrations, RACS may seek to increase PGY eligibility requirements to prioritise candidates who were eligible to attend courses in 2020 but unable to do so. Any changes to eligibility will be confirmed prior to 2021 course registrations opening.
- In line with COVID-19 Education Principles approved by the Board of Surgical Education and Training, Trainees and SIMGs will not be penalised if they are unable to meet mandatory requirements in 2020 such as a Skills Training course. As required, RACS will extend the time in training programs and SIMG placements by up to 12 months to ensure requirements can be met. Mandatory groups will continue to be prioritised for registration into 2021.
- RACS will work with candidates to ensure their employers, medical colleges, and other governing bodies requiring them to attend a Skills Training course are aware of the limitations in course availability this year due to COVID-19.
Taking expressions of interest for the following ASSET 2020 course:
- AS276 Auckland Clinical Skills Centre, Auckland, New Zealand 8-10 October 2020 (Expressions of interest only)
How to register
- Visit online registrations
- Log in or create a College account
- Have your medical registration number on hand (your eligibility to attend is determined by your date of first registration)
- Payment is required at the time of registration
- You may nominate up to six reserve places for courses that are already full
- Join the Skills Training mailing list to be kept up to date with course information.
- Cancellations of more than 10 weeks prior to course: 95 per cent refund of course fee.
- Cancellations of less than 10 weeks prior to course: 50 per cent refund of course fee.
- Cancellations of less than six weeks prior to course: No refund of course fee.
This policy also applies should you elect to register to an alternative course within this time frame.
Please note that refunds take approximately 10 business days to process.
Withdrawals and transfers
To withdraw from your allocated course, please complete the withdrawal form. Unfortunately transfers to alternative courses are not possible.
In the unlikely event that a course is cancelled, RACS is not held responsible for reimbursing airfare, hotel or other costs incurred by the registrant.
A course may be cancelled up to three weeks prior to course commencement, whereby candidates are issued a 100 per cent refund.