On this page
May 2021 update
We recently experienced technical issues when releasing our registrations for July-December 2021 courses which resulted in a system outage. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience this has caused. RACS is working toward resolving these issues.
We are aware there is a high demand for Skills Training courses. If you would like to be added to a reserve list place, please visit the (PDF 80.88KB)CCrISP 2021 courseschedule (PDF 76.84KB) and email Skills.Courses@surgeons.org with the following information:
- Full name
- RACS ID
- Graduation date/PGY level
- Which course (including course code, nominate up to six course codes)
You will receive confirmation from a RACS staff member when you have been added to a reserve list place. Please allow up to 10 working days for a response.
Thank you for your patience.
The Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (RACS) is committed to ensuring that participants health and safety is the top priority of running any event, which includes adhering to any local, state, and federal laws, policies and restrictions, both in Australia and New Zealand. Due to the complex evolving nature of these laws and restrictions, RACS may be required to cancel a course at any time leading up to the event.
Travelling to a course
Due to the complexities presented by the COVID-19 pandemic, RACS strongly recommends all applicants to attend a local course where possible. Some regions are very limited on course offerings and when required RACS will prioritise local attendees in these regions. Please note RACS will contact an applicant to discuss their course place if registered to a course outside their region, and the applicant may be requested to withdraw from the course.
Furthermore, due to ongoing restrictions on the trans-Tasman travel by New Zealand District Health Boards, Australians are advised not to register on New Zealand courses, these courses are being prioritised for New Zealanders only. Should an applicant register to a course outside the country they reside in they will be required to withdraw.
- Candidates are encouraged to register on the course at least six weeks prior to course commencement to ensure adequate preparation
- Due to high demand all CCrISP courses scheduled in 2021 are now full.
- In 2021 there may be fewer course offerings due to the COVID-19 pandemic - we have been unable to run as many courses as usual and many venues have less places available due to physical distancing guidelines.
- Furthermore we have prioritised 2021 course places for RACS SET Trainees and SIMGs.
- All courses have a reserve list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the course code to be placed on the reserve list.
- Please note some courses scheduled to run in 2021 are listed in course schedule (PDF 80.88KB) as 'On hold', these courses are still in the process of being confirmed with venues and course faculty. Once courses are confirmed they will be released, please check in regularly for updates.
- Join the Skills Training mailing list to be kept up to date with release dates.
COVID-19 cancellation policy
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, cancellation requests for Skills Training courses will be managed in the following manner:
- Cancellations of more than four weeks prior to course: 95 per cent refund of course fee
- Cancellations of less than four weeks prior to course: No refund of course fee
This policy will apply to all courses and participants. We strongly encourage registration to local courses, as travel restrictions may change at any time.
In the event that RACS is required to cancel a course, participants will receive a full refund of their course fee.
Please do not attend a RACS event if you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or are awaiting a test result. Please contact us to review your options.
As at 2 September 2020.
Withdrawals and transfers
To withdraw from your allocated course, please complete the withdrawal form. Unfortunately transfers to alternative courses are not possible.
Please view the Skills Training cancelled courses disclaimer (PDF 112.69KB).