Statements on the reintroduction of elective surgery
The Australian Health Protection Principal Committee (AHPPC) has developed a principle-based document to help guide the States and Territories in both public and private sectors as the restoration of elective surgery begins.
Our specialty societies statements have produced individual guidelines and statements to complement AHPPC’s ‘Restoration of Elective Surgery’ document. Click on the links below to read the respective documents. Other guidelines will be made available as they are developed.
- Australian Orthopaedic Association (PDF 59.49KB)
- Australian Society of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery (PDF 134.79KB)
- Neurosurgical Society of Australasia (PDF 165.71KB)
- Urological Society of Australia and New Zealand (PDF 100.55KB)
- Australian and New Zealand Endocrine Surgeons, General Surgeons Australia and New Zealand Association of General Surgeons (PDF 572.95KB)
- Australian & New Zealand Endocrine Surgeons and General Surgeons Australia (PDF 169.27KB)
- General Surgeons Australia decision tree for surgeons (PDF 35.05KB)
Please click on the links below to read our other specialty societies’ guidelines.
- Australia & New Zealand Gastric & Oesophageal Surgery Association and Australian & New Zealand Metabolic and Obesity Surgery Society (PDF 294.25KB)
- New Zealand Orthopaedic Association (PDF 301.92KB)
- New Zealand Society of Otolaryngology Head & Neck Surgery (PDF 332.82KB)
Voluntary COVID-19 tracing app in Australia
The Australian government has launched COVIDSafe, a voluntary tracing app that supports the mapping of the spread of COVID-19. The app helps State and Territory health officials to quickly contact people who may have been exposed to COVID-19. Read more about COVIDSafe.