Dr Anthony Glover
Anthony Glover is an Endocrine and General Surgeon who specialises in the treatment of thyroid, parathyroid and adrenal disease and in the treatment of acute and emergency surgical conditions.
He is a Consultant Surgeon with the University of Sydney Endocrine Surgery Unit at Royal North Shore Hospital which is the largest treatment centre for endocrine surgery in Australia and also practices at St Vincent’s Private Hospital and North Shore Private Hospital.
Anthony is an active cancer researcher and surgical educator and holds research and academic appointments with the Garvan Institute of Medical Research, University of Sydney and University of NSW. Anthony's clinical work and research focuses on improving the understanding of endocrine cancer biology (thyroid and adrenal) to develop new treatment and on clinical outcomes from surgery.
Anthony is the co-ordinator of two popular University of Sydney post-graduate coursework surgery subjects - Surgical Skills SURG5031 which aims to prepare junior doctors for surgical training and Surgical Leadership and Professionalism SURG5100 which aims to develop non-technical skills required for the practice of surgery.
- Surgical Oncology
- Australian and New Zealand Endocrine Surgeons (ANZES)
- Australian Medical Association (AMA)
- General Surgeons Australia
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery
- Bachelor of Science (Medical Science)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Medicine)
- Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (General Surgery)