Associate Professor Shyan Vijayasekaran MBBS, FRACS grew up in Perth, studied at the University of Western Australia and graduated with distinctions in Medicine and Surgery. He subsequently trained in Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery in London and Perth. Shyan completed a Fellowship in Paediatric Otolaryngology with Professor Robin Cotton at Cincinnati Children's Hospital, University of Cincinnati, USA. He is one of the few international graduates of this prestigious programme. Shyan was awarded the Charles Ferguson prize by the American Society of Paediatric Otolaryngology in 2005.
Shyan works at Princess Margaret Hospital for Children and several other institutions in Perth. He is a Clinical Associate Professor affiliated with the School of Surgery and the school of Paediatrics and Child Health, University of Western Australia. His clinical and research interests included disorders of airway, voice, swallowing, management of hearing loss and chronic otitis media. He has published over 60 papers in peer reviewed journals, chapters in textbooks and has been an invited speaker at several national and international meetings. Shyan is married with 4 children and enjoys travel, running and yoga.
Otolaryngology Head & Neck Surgery
- Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Australian Society of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery
- Australia and New Zealand Society of Paediatric Otorhinolaryngology
- Australian Cleft Lip and Palate association
- American Society of Pediatric Otolaryngology
- Australian Medical Association
- Inter-American Society of Pediatric otolaryngology