Assoc Prof Thomas Lam
A/Prof Thomas Lam graduated MBBS from UNSW in 1984 and attained FRACS in both General Surgery (1990) and Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery (1996). He also holds Fellowships from other surgical colleges including FRCSGlasg, FRCSEd, FCSHK, FHKAM(Surgery) and the Royal Society of Medicine. Dr Lam has completed further post-graduate studies and a doctoral thesis: The Effects of Adjuvant Radiotherapy on Prosthetic Breast Reconstruction, for which he was awarded Doctor of Clinical Surgery from USyd in 2018.
A/Prof Lam has a comprehensive practice in the field of Plastic, Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgery but with a special interest in breast reconstruction after mastectomy for cancer and liposuction for Lymphoedema. He has been appointed Clinical Associate Professor at Macquarie University (Macquarie University Hospital) and Sydney University (Western Clinical School at Westmead Hospital).
Apart from being a Councillor at the Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons, Dr Lam is also a Councillor of the Westmead Association. He is the Training Supervisor at the Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Unit at Macquarie University Hospital and is a member of the NSW Regional Subcommittee of the Australia Board of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. Dr Lam is also a Clinical Examiner at the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons. He was formerly Head of Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at the Westmead Private Hospital and the Medical Director of MSI Professional Service (AU), a charitable organisation serving rural China.
- Skin Cancer-Melanoma
- Councillor of Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Australasian Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons Glasgow
- Fellow of the College of Surgeons Hong Kong
- Fellow of the Hong Kong Academy of Medicine (Surgery)
- Fellow of the Royal Society of Medicine
- Doctor of Clinical Surgery, University of Sydney
- Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons