Originally from Christchurch, Giovanni joined Urology Associates after subspecialty training in the United Kingdom. He completed fellowship training in paediatric urology at the Diana, Princess of Wales Children’s Hospital in Birmingham and gained extensive experience in reconstructive urology, female urology, pelvic organ prolapse, urethroplasty and urological care of spinal injuries while working at the London Spinal Cord Injury Centre, Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital and the Institute of Urology, University College Hospital, London. Prior to that, he worked at Concord Repatriation General Hospital in Sydney where he focused on bladder dysfunction with a particular interest in male and female incontinence.
Before leaving New Zealand, Giovanni undertook his post-graduate training in Christchurch, Wellington and Palmerston North. He is delighted to be back in the South Island with his wife Emma and three girls, Isabella, Bianca and Hettie.
Giovanni maintains an interest in general urology in both adults and children and also works at Christchurch Hospital and the Burwood Spinal Unit.
- Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (RACS)
- Urological Society of Australia and New Zealand (USANZ)
- American Urological Association (AUA)
- European Association of Urology (EAU)
- International Continence Society (ICS)
- New Zealand Medical Association (NZMA)
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery with Distinction