Miss Kaye Bowers
Kaye is a Specialist Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Surgeon. She trained at The Alfred Hospital, obtaining her General Surgical Fellowship in 2007. This was followed by a year with the Liver Transplant and Hepatobiliary Surgical Unit at the Austin Hospital. Kaye then went on to complete a further 2 years training in advanced Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Surgery at The Royal London Hospital in the United Kingdom. Having now returned to Australia she has consultant appointments at Alfred Health, Monash Health and Cabrini Health as a General and HPB Surgeon.
Kaye has a special interest in Healthcare Management with a focus on quality assurance and sustainability in health care. She has completed a certificate in Quality and Safety through the Institure for Healthcare Improvement and is currently working towards a MBA in Healthcare Management.
Kaye performs a wide variety of General Surgical procedures as well as complex Hepatobiliary, Pancreatic and Splenic Surgery. Her areas of specialty interest include:
Laparoscopic hernia repair
Pancreatic cysts and pancreatic cancer
Pancreatic neuroendocrine tumours
Colorectal liver metastases
Complex gallstone disease
- Upper Gastrointestinal-Hepatopancreatobiliary
- Surgical Oncology
- Kaye is a member of the International HepatoPancreatoBiliary Association
- She is on the Executive Board of the Australia and New Zealand HepatoPancreatoBiliary Association of Surgeons
- Kaye is a Monash University Department of Surgery Adjunct Senior Lecturer and is the Cabrini Hospital Representative on the Monash University MBBS Surgery Discipline Reference Group
- Kaye is an affiliate member of the Institute of Managers and Leaders