In This Section
The Section aims to:
- develop and influence the education and training of Directors of Surgery in leadership and management roles;
- foster research in health services and in the education and training of Surgical Directors;
- serve as a reservoir of issues in management and possible solutions, plus benchmark measures those members might access for assistance;
- to promote and coordinate continuing professional development activities, mentoring and networking opportunities for Surgical Directors in leadership and management roles;
- serve as a resource of and promulgate principles of continuous quality improvement throughout institutions in Australia and New Zealand, and
- promote RACS educational activities to the Fellowship.
The Section is governed by a Committee as per the Sections Terms of Reference (PDF 92.12KB) reporting to the RACS Fellowship Services Committee.
Committee Chair - Professor David Fletcher FRACS