Professor Aziz Hamza
During his 60 year-long academic career, Professor Hamza was involved in the development of the English Language and Literature Departments in major universities in Iraq, Saudi Arabia and Jordan. He chaired the National Committee for English Language and Literature curriculum in Iraq and Saudi Arabia, and reformed the higher English Literature studies in the region.
Professor Hamza was a valued PhD supervisor and an author of dozens of publications.
Policy and guideline
Who can apply?
Applications are open to RACS Younger Fellows, Specialist International Medical Graduates (SIMGs - who are eligible to apply the Scholarships and Grants Program) and SET Trainees. RACS Younger Fellows are defined as obtaining Fellowship within the past ten years.
The grant may fund the following:
-attendance at RACS professional development activities
-conferences or workshops with the intention of improving the delivery of surgical services in remote and regional Australia and Aotearoa New Zealand
The activity for which funding is being sought must commence after the grant application closing date but prior to the end of the grant year (December 31st). All grant recipients will be required to provide an activity report at the end of the grant year outlining their progress against their proposal timeline.
Your application is to include:
- your career and employment details
- your activity proposal including: how your activity will benefit your professional development; and contribute to improving Australian and/or Aotearoa New Zealand surgical standards and knowledge base
- the expected outcomes of your activity
- proposed costs
Selection and awarding
- should two applicants be equal in merit, preference will be given to applicants who are currently located in, or are originally from, regional Australia or Aotearoa New Zealand
- the selection panel is comprised of representatives of the ANZ Scholarship and Grant Committee and the Rural Surgery Committee
- payment is made directly to the recipient by 1 March in the scholarship year (following receipt of a valid invoice)
To applyApplication is via the Scholarships and Grants Program online platform, RACS Unlock, hosted by Survey Monkey Apply.
You may register as an applicant on RACS Unlock at any time, however applications will not display on your dashboard until the Scholarships and Grants Program application opening date. There is no need to re-register if you already have a RACS Unlock registration.
Please note: emailed applications are not accepted.
Visit RACS Unlock