Professor Aziz Hamza
During his 60 year-long academic career, Professor Hamza was involved in the development of the English Language and Literature Departments in major universities in Iraq, Saudi Arabia and Jordan. He chaired the National Committee for English Language and Literature curriculum in Iraq and Saudi Arabia, and reformed the higher English Literature studies in the region.
Professor Hamza was a valued PhD supervisor and an author of dozens of publications.
Policy and guideline
Before applying, please refer to:
- the Learning and Development grant policy
- the grant guideline (PDF 366.8KB)
Who can apply?
To be eligible for this grant, you need to be a RACS Younger Fellow or SET Trainee. RACS Younger Fellows are defined as obtaining Fellowship within the past ten years.
FRACS applicants, SET applicants and Specialist International Medical Graduates (SIMGs who are on the pathway to RACS Fellowship) may also be eligible.
Your application is to include:
- your career and employment details
- your activity proposal including: how your activity will benefit your professional development; and contribute to improving Australian and/or Aotearoa New Zealand surgical standards and knowledge base
- the expected outcomes of your activity
- proposed costs
- name and correct email addresses for two referees (recommenders) who will then receive an invitation to view parts of your online application and provide a recommendation.
Selection and awarding
- should two applicants be equal in merit, preference will be given to applicants who are currently located in, or are originally from, regional Australia or Aotearoa New Zealand
- the selection panel is comprised of representatives of the ANZ Scholarship and Grant Committee and the Rural Surgery Committee
- payment is made directly to the recipient by 1 March in the scholarship year (following receipt of a valid invoice)
To applyApplication is via the Scholarships and Grants Program online platform, RACS Unlock, hosted by Survey Monkey Apply.
You may register as an applicant on RACS Unlock at any time, however applications will not display on your dashboard until the Scholarships and Grants Program application opening date in April. There is no need to re-register if you already have a RACS Unlock registration.
Please note: emailed applications are not accepted.
Visit RACS Unlock