Conditions, policy and guideline
Recipients are required to:
- present their research at the annual meeting of the Surgical Research Society of Australasia (or an agreed equivalent) at least once during or in the 12 months following the scholarship period.
Please also refer to:
- the Scholarships and Grants program research scholarship policy (PDF 203.34KB)
- the grant guideline
Who can apply?
To be eligible for this scholarship, you need to be a RACS Fellow, Specialist International Medical Graduate (SIMG) or SET Trainee*
You may apply for this grant as an individual or the lead researcher in a group. Recipients can only receive this grant once, except under exceptional circumstances at the discretion of RACS.
*Please note SET applicants are ineligible for this grant.
Value$100,000 per annum for up to two years
Your activity needs to focus on a surgical initiative and be supported by an administering institution. Activity examples include, but are not limited to:
- a surgical research project with defined aims and outcomes
- funding of innovative service/s or a piece of equipment.
Expected outcomes will need to be clearly documented.
Application requirementsYour application is to include:
- details of the proposed research to be undertaken
- a statement from the head of department or a senior representative of the host institution advising that you are acceptable for the program
- an outline on commencement and conclusion timing for the proposed research activity
- an outline of previous research experience and related activities
- names and email addresses for two referees (recommenders) who will each receive an invitation to view parts of your online application and provide a recommendation.
Selection and awarding
Selection is via assessment of the application with shortlisted applicants invited to interview.
Preference will be given to applicants early in their careers.
The selection panel is comprised of representatives of the ANZ Scholarship and Grant Committee.
This scholarship will be paid to the administering institution upon receipt of a valid tax invoice as requested by the Scholarships and Grants department. Payment will be made in one instalment prior to 1 March in the scholarship year.
To applyApplication is via the Scholarships and Grants Program online platform, RACS Unlock, hosted by Survey Monkey Apply.
You may register as an applicant on RACS Unlock at any time, however applications will not display on your dashboard until the Scholarships and Grants Program application opening date in April. There is no need to re-register if you already have a RACS Unlock registration.
Please note: emailed applications are not accepted.
Visit RACS Unlock