Conditions, policy and guidelinePlease refer to the:
- Learning and Development grant policy (PDF 146.03KB)
- Grant guideline (PDF 124.93KB)
Who can apply?
RACS Fellows, SET Trainees and non-RACS surgeons and health professionals may apply for this grant.
Applicants must demonstrate that they come from a period of long-standing residency within South Australia or have a clear contractual plan to return to the South Australia public hospital system for the two years immediately following the conclusion of the grant.
Your application is to include:
- your career and employment details
- your activity proposal including: how your activity will benefit your professional development; and contribute to improving Australian and/or Aotearoa New Zealand surgical standards and knowledge base
- a statement outlining your robotics experience
- the expected outcomes of your activity
- proposed costs
- evidence of long-standing residency within South Australia or evidence of a clear contractual plan to return to the South Australia public hospital system for the two years immediately following the conclusion of the grant
- evidence of registration to practice as a doctor or other health professional in Australia or Aotearoa New Zealand (non-RACS members only)
- name and email addresses for two referees (recommenders) who will then receive an invitation to view parts of your online application and provide a recommendation.
Selection and awarding
Selection is by written application with shortlisted applicants invited to an online interview.
The selection panel is comprised of members of the ANZ Scholarship and Grant Committee, the RACS SA Regional Committee and the R P Jepson Professor of Surgery, University of Adelaide.
- payment is made directly to the recipient by 1 March in the scholarship year (following receipt of a valid invoice)
To applyApplication is via the Scholarships and Grants Program online platform, RACS Unlock, hosted by Survey Monkey Apply.
You may register as an applicant on RACS Unlock at any time, however applications will not display on your dashboard until the Scholarships and Grants Program application opening date in April. There is no need to re-register if you already have a RACS Unlock registration.
Please note: emailed applications are not accepted.
Visit RACS Unlock