Who can apply?
To be eligible for this grant, you need to be a junior doctor who is:
- practising in rural or regional Australia or Aotearoa New Zealand
- registered with RACS JDocs
- a member of RACS Rural Surgery Section
The grant funds travel, accommodation or course fees to enable attendance at a surgical skills course in Australia or Aotearoa New Zealand.
Preference may be given to applicants who wish to attend a surgical skills course delivered in a rural or regional area.
The selection panel is comprised of members of the Rural Surgery Section and the Fellowship Services Committee.
How to apply
Your application is to include:
- your career and employment details
- your activity proposal including: how your activity will benefit your professional development; and contribute to improving Australian and/or Aotearoa New Zealand surgical standards and knowledge base
- the expected outcomes of your activity
- proposed costs
- a submission describing your aspirations for a career path in rural surgery
- evidence of rural practice, registration in JDocs and membership of the Rural Surgery Section
- name and email addresses for two referees (recommenders) who will then receive an invitation to view parts of your online application and provide a recommendation.
Conditions and application