Who can apply?
To be eligible for this grant, you need to be a RACS Younger Fellow. RACS Younger Fellows are defined as obtaining Fellowship within the past ten years.
The AAS funds the recipient’s airfares (from a metropolitan city), accommodation, transfers and conference expenses (including meals).
ActivityThe grant enables the recipient to attend the annual Association for Academic Surgery (AAS) Congress.
SelectionThe selection panel is comprised of representatives of the Younger Fellows Committee.
How to apply
Your application is to include:
- your career and employment details
- a demonstrated understanding and involvement in RACS governance functions
- a demonstrated understanding of and advocacy for, Younger Fellows' issues
- demonstrated leadership skills and experience
- your activity proposal including: how your activity will benefit your professional development; and contribute to improving Australian and/or Aotearoa New Zealand surgical standards and knowledge base
- proposed costs
- name and email addresses for two referees (recommenders) who will then receive an invitation to view parts of your online application and provide a recommendation.
Conditions and application