The Board of Surgical Education and Training (BSET) is responsible for the regulation and administration of the nine RACS Surgical Education and Training programs in Australia and New Zealand and in some regions in Asia.
BSET is also responsible for the assessment of International Medical Graduates (IMG) seeking Fellowship with RACS for specialised practice in Australia and New Zealand.
BSET is accountable to Council through the Education Board.
Friday 11 October 2019 (08.30am - 3.00pm)
2020 calendar (proposed)
Friday 14 February 2020 (08.30am - 3.00pm)
Friday 12 June 2020 (08.30am - 3.00pm)
Friday 16 October 2020 (08.30am - 3.00pm)
The specialty boards are responsible for the regulation and delivery of the Surgical Education and Training (SET) Program which includes:
- curriculum, content and duration of training;
- accreditation and content of SET programs including integration between programs with overseas posts and the inspection of posts;
- selection of Trainees;
- eligibility of Trainees to present for the Fellowship Examination;
- assessment of satisfactory completion of training;
- provision of information to maintain a register of Trainees;
- maintenance of surgical standards in each specialties' SET training program.
Board of Surgical Education and Training Secretariat
Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
250-290 Spring Street
East Melbourne VIC 3002 Australia
Telephone: +61 3 9249 1268