The College has a wonderful collection of:
- antique surgical instruments
most of which require specialised care and storage.
and Archives Committee was established to ensure that this
collection of historical and heritage items were managed for the
benefit of all members of the College.
The main aim of the Heritage and Archives Committee is the
management of tangible and intangible aspects of the College that
have heritage or historical value.
The committee's duties and responsibilities include:
- to identify heritage/historical areas requiring policy
- to develop strategies for the areas identified.
- to liaise with other College bodies to ensure a coordinated and
- to provide background information for management from the body
of knowledge within the committee.
- to periodically review strategy and policy and ensure quality
assurance processes are in place.
Heritage and Archives Committee Secretariat
Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
College of Surgeons' Gardens
250-290 Spring Street
East Melbourne VIC 3002 Australia
Telephone: +61 3 9249 1220
Fax: +61 3 9249 1219