On this page
Registration for Selection to the 2025 SET intake will open Tuesday 9 January 2024.
If you intend to apply for selection in 2024 you must register while registration is open between 9 January 2024 at 12:00 noon AEDT and Wednesday 31 January 2023 at 12:00 noon AEDT. No extensions are available.
Please refer to the links below for information about applications to specific specialties.
We recommend that doctors download and read the following documents , to ensure you are fully informed about the SET program application and selection process:
- Registration for selection into SET regulation (PDF 89.39KB)
- Selection to Surgical Education and Training regulation (PDF 209.99KB)
- Guide to SET Selection booklet (PDF 1.74MB)
- Guide to SET booklet (PDF 610.07KB)- provides greater details about the RACS SET training program
- Guidelines: Application for Selection Form (PDF 464.17KB)
Timeline for selection 2024
Stage 1: Registration for selection (now closed)
Opens Tuesday 9 January 2024 (12:00 noon AEDT). Closes Wednesday 31 January 2024 (12:00 noon AEDT)
Stage 2: Apply to the SET program
The opening and closing dates will vary between specialties.
Please check the individual specialty websites below for the closing date for the specialties you intend to apply for.
Stage 3: Referee reports collected
Stage 4: Interviews
Stage 5: Announcement of offers
Latest day of notification of outcome: Friday 8 November 2024
For information about applications for the following specialties please check the appropriate webpage:
Orthopaedic Surgery – New Zealand
Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery - Australia