Registration for the 2022 SET intake is now open.
If you intend to apply for selection in 2021 you must register prior to Wednesday 3 February 2021 at 5.00pm AEDT. No extensions will be available.
All stage 1 registrations are conducted on-line through the RACS website. Applicants cannot register their interest via specialty societies and associations.
We recommend that doctors download and read the following documents before registration, to ensure you are fully informed about the SET program registration and selection process:
- Registration for selection into SET regulation (PDF 89.39KB)
- Selection to Surgical Education and Training regulation (PDF 102.76KB)
- Guide to SET booklet (PDF 1.68MB)(An overview of Selection and Training 2021 provides greater details about the RACS SET selection process and training program - an essential reference for SET applicants and Trainees)
- Guidelines: Registration for Selection Form (PDF 442.51KB)
- Guidelines: Application for Selection form (pending)
Timeline for selection 2021
Stage 1: Registration for selection
Opened Wednesday 6 January 2021 (12.00 noon AEDT). Closes Wednesday 3 February 2021 (5.00pm AEDT)
Stage 2: Apply to the SET program
Opens Wednesday 24 February 2021 (12.00 noon AEST). Closes Wednesday 24 March 2021 (12.00 noon AEDT)
Stage 3: Referee reports collected
Stage 4: Interviews
Stage 5: Announcement of offers
Latest day of notification of outcome: Friday 12 November 2021
For information about applications for the following specialties please check the appropriate webpage: