Surgical Education and Training overview
If you have completed a medical degree overseas but have not yet
completed specialist surgical training, you may apply to RACS for
the Surgical Education and Training (SET) program.
The eligibility criteria requirements applicants must have
- Permanent residency or citizenship status of Australia or New
- General (unconditional) registration in Australia or General
scope or restricted general scope registration in the relevant
specialty in New Zealand.
- Successful completion of the RACS Hand Hygiene Learning
- Completion of the RACS Let's Operate with Respect
The SET program is underpinned by nine RACS competencies:
- Health advocacy
- Judgement - clinical decision making
- Management and leadership
- Medical expertise
- Professionalism and ethics
- Scholar and teacher
- Technical expertise
For details see Surgery as a Career.