The College accredits the following courses/activities (others
- tertiary courses
- short courses
- online courses
Benefits of accreditation:
- Use of Accreditation Logo on course materials and website
- Accreditation valid for two years
- May assist in attracting course participants
- Peer review from Fellows
- Listing on the College accredited courses/
activities web page
- Listing in the JDocs website for
courses/activities deemed suitable for prevocational doctors
- Applicable courses/activities awarded with Continuing
Professional Development (CPD) point as part of the course/activity
How to apply for accreditation:
- Refer to the
Educational Standards and Criteria for Accreditation (PDF
- Create a user account:
- Go to RACS Provider
- Select "Create Account"
- Once you have created your account, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to
request access to the Provider Portal.
- You will receive confirmation that your email account has been
linked to your Organisation and access to the Provider Portal has
Important information before applying
- Please refer to the Educational
Standards and Criteria for Accreditation (PDF 573KB)
- A separate application is required for each individual course.
Nested courses cannot be reviewed through the one application.
- Fees are payable by credit card or PayPal.
- Providers are alerted 90 days before reaccreditation is
How to lodge an application:
- Log on to the RACS Provider
Portal with user details created above
- Select " New Course Accreditation Application"
- Ensure all fields and appropriate documentation are completed
and then submit your application
The application fee for accreditation of educational
$2,445.00 (incl. GST)
All applications will be reviewed by the Accreditation Review
Panel to ensure that all courses/activities meet the required
educational standards and criteria, and to verify that the teaching
methods, learning aims and outcomes are sound. All accreditation
approvals are ratified by the College Education Board.
The College aims to complete course/activity accreditation
approvals within eight weeks. Please note, if your application is
incomplete i.e. missing the requested supporting documentation,
this will delay the approval turnaround time.
Please note: Applications received after 11th December 2017 will
be reviewed the week commencing 8th January 2018 in readiness for
approval by the Education Board Executive in February.
If you require assistance, please call the Course
Accreditation team on +61 3 9249 1297 or email email@example.com
Course Accreditation Administrator
Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
College of Surgeons' Gardens
250-290 Spring Street
East Melbourne VIC 3002 Australia
Telephone: +61 3 9249 1297
Fax: +61 3 9249 1298