Additional statements on the reintroduction of elective surgery in Australia
In our last communication we shared individual guidelines and statements produced by our specialty societies, to complement the Australian Health Protection Principal Committee’s (AHPPC) principle-based document. This document is intended to guide the States and Territories in both public and private sectors as the restoration of elective surgery begins.
We have added four new guidelines at the top of this list:
- Australian and New Zealand Society of Cardiac and Thoracic Surgeons (PDF 89.99KB)
- Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons (PDF 219.81KB)
- Australian and New Zealand Association of Paediatric Surgeons (PDF 104.42KB)
- Australian and New Zealand Society for Vascular Surgery (PDF 196.28KB)
- Australian Orthopaedic Association (PDF 125.5KB)
- Australian Society of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery (PDF 134.79KB)
- Neurosurgical Society of Australasia (PDF 165.71KB)
- Urological Society of Australia and New Zealand (PDF 100.55KB)
- Australian and New Zealand Endocrine Surgeons, General Surgeons Australia and New Zealand Association of General Surgeons (PDF 572.95KB)
- Australian & New Zealand Endocrine Surgeons and General Surgeons Australia (PDF 169.27KB)
- General Surgery Australia decision tree for surgeons (PDF 35.05KB)
COVID-19 update from the Medical Board of Australia
Read a message from Dr Anne Tonkin, Chair, Medical Board of Australia.
COVID-19 restrictions are starting to ease somewhat in locations across New Zealand and Australia.
At RACS, we are continuing to review our education and training activities in line with the restrictions and we are working from home, until further notice.