Use the BQA online portal to:
- collect and store patient data
- produce summaries of individual breast cancer cases
- assess practice against key performance indicators
- export cases to Microsoft Excel for further analyses.
Other benefits include:
- access to research generated from BQA data
- pre-approval as an audit activity in the College's Continuing Professional Development program
- promotion through the websites of Breast Cancer Network Australia and Cancer Australia as a quality assured surgeon
- data request service at no cost, or minimal cost if high level of staff involvement is necessary.
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
These indicators are evidence-based and have been determined through extensive examination and discussion by audit governance, as well as consultation with other experts and stakeholders in the field of breast cancer treatment.
Audit participants can check their performance against these indicators at any time through the online portal. The practice value for each indicator is based on cases diagnosed between 2004 and the present day.
High risk definitions
KPI 5: Invasive tumours of at least 50mm or with at least four positive lymph nodes
KPI 6: Invasive tumours that fall into any of the following categories:
- Age less than 55 and Grade more than one and Tumour size more than two centimetres
- Age less than 55 and Grade more than one and Tumour size not more than two centimetres and Nodes involved
- Age not more than 70 and Tumour Her2 Positive and Tumour size more than five milimetres
- Age not more than 70 and Receptors Triple Negative and Tumour size more than five milimetres.
High Quality Performance Indicators (HQPIs)
These are additional indicators for measuring quality care and work similarly to the existing key performance indicators.
Currently, they are in pilot. Data will be collected on the level at which each BreastSurgANZ member is meeting the indicator. At twelve months from implementation, this data will be reviewed by the BQA subcommittee and threshold values will be set.
In the meantime, you can see your own practice value against each HQPI on the HQPI page of the BQA. The practice value for each indicator is based on cases diagnosed between October 2017 and the present day.