Who can apply?
To be eligible for this scholarship, you need to:
- be an early-career RACS Fellow (within ten years of obtaining Fellowship)
- Specialist International Medical Graduate (SIMG) or
- SET Trainee.
Value$60,000 stipend plus $6,000 departmental maintenance
Your activity needs to focus on a surgical research program or activity that supports the advancement of surgical technologies, techniques and treatments.
Unless otherwise negotiated or stipulated in the respective guideline, the commencement date for scholarships is 1 January in the year following application.
Application requirementsYour application is to include:
- your career and employment details
- your research proposal and proposed budget.
Selection and awarding
- assessment is via written application with shortlisted applicants invited to interview.
- the selection panel is comprised of representatives of the ANZ Scholarship and Grant Committee.
- this scholarship is comprised of a stipend only and will be paid to the administering institution following receipt of a valid tax invoice. Payment will be made in one instalment prior to 1 March in the scholarship year.
Recipient obligationsRecipients are required to present their research at the annual meeting of the Surgical Research Society of Australasia (or an agreed equivalent) at least once during, or in the 12 months following, the scholarship period.