Assoc Prof Andrew Davidson
Associate Professor Davidson is a neurosurgeon at Royal Melbourne Hospital, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, and Melbourne Private Hospital. He is the neurosurgical lead for the Victorian Gamma Knife Centre at Peter Mac. His clinical interests include the multidisciplinary management of brain tumours, pituitary and skull base surgery (including minimally invasive and endoscopic surgery), and cerebrovascular surgery.
Dr Davidson is also a Clinical Associate Professor University of Melbourne, and an Honorary Associate Professor at Macquarie University. His academic and research interests include the functional assessment of brain tumour patients, and Evidence-Based Medicine. He has a strong interest in medical education and is an executive committee member of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons’ Academy of Surgical Educators.
A/Prof Davidson holds the rank of Lieutenant Commander in the Royal Australian Navy. He serves as Assistant Professional Liaison Officer (Surgeons) and as a simulation instructor for the Royal Australian Navy.
- Cranial Tumour
- Cranial Trauma
- Base of Skull
- Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Neurosurgical Society of Australasia
- Australian Medical Association
- Academy of Surgical Educators
- COGNO - Co-Operative Trials Group for Neuro-Oncology
- Australian Pituitary Foundation
- North American Skull Base Society
- AANS / CNS Section on Tumors
- International Society of Pituitary Surgeons
- MB BS