Dr Ameya Kamat
Dr Ameya Kamat is a highly qualified neurosurgeon, specialising in the surgical treatment of conditions involving the brain, spine and peripheral nerves. His innovative philosophy aims to avoid surgery whenever possible by lifestyle modification and non-operative treatment as a first line measure. However, if all alternatives are exhausted, a combination of minimally invasive and traditional options will be available based on each individual patients unique needs.
He received the Fellowship in Neurosurgery from the College of Neurosurgeons in 2019 and the degree of Masters in Medicine (Neurosurgery) degree with a cum laude in Cape Town, South Africa in 2020.
In 2023 he was awarded Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons.
Dr Kamat has undertaken a Complex Spine Fellowship at Macquarie University Hospital in Sydney. He has published numerous clinical and scientific papers in peer-reviewed medical journals and presented at international meetings.
Dr Kamat has worked as a Consultant Neurosurgeon in Darwin, NT from 2020 till present and was appointed as a Senior Clinical Lecturer at the University of Otago, Wellington and presently at Flinders University NT.
- Medico Legal
- Cranial Tumour
- Cranial Trauma
- Degenerative Spine Disorders
- Spine Trauma
- Spine Tumour
- Spinal Cord
- Peripheral Nerve Decompression
- Neurosurgical Society of Australasia
- South African Neurosurgical Society
- AO Foundation
- World Federation of Neurosurgical Societies
- Bachelor of Medicine Bachelor of Surgery
- Masters in Medicine (Neurosurgery)
- Fellow of the College of Neurosurgeons (SA)
- Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons