Dr Corinne Jones
I am a specialist surgeon with extensive experience in breast, thyroid and parathyroid surgery. Patients receive personalised and compassionate care. I work closely with many specialist colleagues to provide a detailed, multidisciplinary service. I regularly attend scientific meetings and I remain up to date with all the relevant surgical techniques and treatments.
I was born and educated in Perth, WA . I received my FRACS in General Surgery in 1998 after surgical rotations throughout Perth teaching hospitals. I was the first WA born woman to undertake surgical training in Perth. I worked overseas from 1999 to 2008 and focused on breast and thyroid surgery. This included time in Glasgow, Sheffield and Boston, all in the UK. I also completed a 12 month Thyroid Surgery Fellowship in Poitiers, France. I returned to Perth in mid 2008. Since then I have run a practice dedicated to breast, thyroid and parathyroid patients.
My main consulting rooms are at St John of God Hospital, Subiaco, in Perth Western Australia. I perform most operations at this hospital. I also consult at Shenton House in Joondalup, Perth, Western Australia.
When not working I enjoy time with my teenage daughter and husband, dining with family and friends, going to concerts, outside walks, reading crime novels and playing Scrabble.
- Member of Australian and New Zealand Endocrine Surgeons
- Member Endocrine Section Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (RACS)
- Member Australasian Society for Breast Disease
- Member International Association of Endocrine Surgeons
- Member British Association of Endocrine and Thyroid Surgeons
- Member Breast Surgeons of Australia and New Zealand
- Member Association of Breast Surgery UK
- Member International Society of Surgeons
- Board Member Breast Cancer Care WA
- Member Australian Medical Association WA
- Member British Medical Association
- Fellow Royal College of England
- University of Western Australia
- Fellow Royal Australasian College of Surgeons