Dr Desmond Soares
Dr. Desmond Soares graduated with an MBBS from the University of Sydney in 1983. After completing junior medical training in NSW, Dr. Soares travelled to Nepal in 1990. He worked for The Leprosy Mission International, an international Christian charity, performing reconstructive surgery for people affected by leprosy.
He returned with his family to Australia in 1997. Dr Soares commenced training in orthopaedics in 1998 at major hospitals in south east Queensland. He completed his fellowship of the Royal Australian College of Surgeons with a Diploma in Orthopaedics in 2003. Since 2004 he has been in private practice operating exclusively at Greenslopes Private Hospital on the southside of Brisbane. Dr. Soares is a Fellow of the Australian Orthopaedic Association and is compliant with the association's continuing professional development programme.
Dr. Soares deals with orthopaedic conditions affecting the hand, shoulder, knee, hip and foot and ankle.
Areas of Practice
- Knee Arthroplasty
- Foot and Ankle
- Member Queensland Shoulder Society
- Founding member and Secretary of Pacific Islands Orthoapedic Association
- Member Specialist Orthopaedic Clinical Advisory Group (Department of Health - Australian Government)
- Medical Assessment Tribunal QCOMP
- Fellow of the Australian Orthopaedic Association
- Fellow of International College of Surgeons