Dr Jason Free
Jason Free is a General Surgeon who has specialised in Weight Loss (Bariatric) surgery and Hepato-Pancreatico-Biliary Surgery.
Dr Free has obtained specific weight loss surgical training in Australia and overseas, dealing specifically with revisional bariatric surgery. This means treating patients with insufficient weight loss following other procedures or complications with prior weight loss procedures. As part of this training he has spent time in surgical weight loss centres in Australia and overseas in Vienna and London. He trained as part of the accredited fellowship training program in the Obesity Surgical Society of Australia & New Zealand of which he is a member.
Dr Free has also trained heavily in Hepato-Pancreatico-Biliary surgery and has spent 2 years full time as a surgeon in units specialising in pancreatic and liver cancer surgery. He has trained as part of the Australian & New Zealand Hepato-Pancreatico-Biliary Association's training program. His interest over the last two years has involved advancement of skills in laparoscopic liver surgery.
- Upper Gastrointestinal-Hepatopancreatobiliary
- RACS - RoyalAustralasianCollege of Surgeons
- OSSANZ - Obesity Surgical Society Australia & New Zealand
- ANZHPBA - Australia and New Zealand Hepatic
- Pancreatic & Biliary Association
- ANZGOSA - Australia and New Zealand Gastric & Oesophageal Surgery Association
- IFSO – International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders
- GESA - Gastroenterology Society of Australia membership
- AMA - Australian Medical Association
- GSA - General Surgeons Australia
- SSAT – Society for Surgery of the Alimentary Tract
- SUGSS – Sydney Upper Gastrointestinal Surgical Society