Assoc Prof Jayme Bennetts
Assoc. Prof. Bennetts is trained in both Adult and Paediatric Cardiac Surgery.
In 2015 he and Dr Gregory Rice established Adelaide Cardiothoracic.
A/Prof Bennetts provides a full range of cardiac surgical services, special interest areas are:
Complex Mitral Valve Repair, including rheumatic valve disease
Complex Aortic and Arch Surgery
TransCatheter Aortic Valve Implantation (TAVI)
Off Pump Coronary Artery Grafting
Adult Congenital Surgery
Cardiac Surgery in Indigenous Australians
He is currently:
President, Australia and New Zealand Society of Cardiac and Thoracic Surgeons
Director, Cardiothoracic Surgery, Flinders Medical Centre, Southern Adelaide Local Health Network
Director, Adelaide Cardiothoracic.
Dr Bennetts is also employed at Women's and Children's Hospital undertakes some Paediatric Cardiac Surgery services.
He is Associate Professor in Cardiothoracic Surgery, College of Medicine and Public Health, Flinders Universtiy.
Surgical services are undertaken at:
Flinders Medical Centre
Women's and Children's Hospital
Flinders Private Hospital
Ashford Community Hospital
Calvary Adelaide Hospital
Royal Darwin and Darwin Private Hospital
- Adult Congenital
- President, Australian and New Zealand Society of Cardiac and Thoracic Surgery
- SA State Committee, Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Surgical Clinical Network, Clinical Excellence Commission, SA Health
- Cardiology Clinical Network, Clinical Excellence Commission, SA Health
- Member, TAVI Accreditation Committee (Australia)
- Department of Surgery, College of Medicine, Flinders University
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery, Flinders University
- Fellow, Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Fellow, Australia & New Zealand Society of Cardiothoracic Surgeons
- Fellow, Cardiac Society Australia and New Zealand