Mr Kevin Chu
I was born and schooled in London and attended medical school at the the prestigious University of Cambridge. After completing my basic surgical training and obtaining Membership of the Royal College of Surgeons in England (MRCS), I decided to try Melbourne for a year. As it turned out, Melbourne was too captivating and I never left. I completed my six-year urology training in Victoria and after passing my fellowship exams was admitted as a fellow of the Royal Australian College of Surgeons (FRACS).
I then returned to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge for a fellowship in robotic urological surgery. This is one of the busiest units in the UK and I was lucky to have the opportunity to work with one of the UK’s highest volume surgeons in Robotic Prostatectomy.
On returning from fellowship I joined Western Health and became deputy head of the urology unit there. I was also the principal investigator for the “Navigate” active surveillance trial. I has since stepped down from Western Health to focus in the South-Eastern corridor at Holmesglen Private, Knox Private and Monash Health public.
I have a subspecialist interest in cancer surgery, complex laparosopic and robotic surgery as well as stone surgery.
I am an extremely dedicated and hard-working doctor and my focus is high-quality patient-centred care.
I will listen to your problems, needs and expectations and tailor a solution to you, be that medical or surgical.
I will discuss your condition with you in a language that you can understand and keep you and your GP involved in your care at every stage of your journey with us.
- Surgical Oncology
- Member of the Urological Society of Australia and New Zealand (USANZ)
- Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (RACS)
- Member of Royal College of Surgeons of England (RCS)
- Member of the American Urological Society (AUA)
- Member of the European Association of Urology (EAU)
- Member of the Academy of Surgical Educators
- University of Cabmbridge
- University of Cambridge
- Member of the Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Royal Australasian College of Surgeons