Mr Shekhar Sharma
I have more than 20+ years’ experience in the field of surgery. I can assure you of the quality of care that I can offer after being trained initially in India and subsequently again in Australia. After completing my FRACS, I pursued post fellowship experience in laparoscopic and colorectal surgery which are my areas of interest and niche. I strongly believes in “Ethical & Quality Care in a Team” which includes patient as the focus and primary decision maker along with the GP.
I have been very active academically and have numerous publications to my credit. Other academic accomplishments include “Prof Derek Frewin AO Citation in Clinical Teaching” from Adelaide University where I also hold the position of Senior Clinical Lecturer in Faculty of Health Sciences.
My colleagues appreciate being able to approach me any time, team play and calm demeanor in stressful situations. Patients appreciate simple, concise and inclusive discussions. Most importantly, both appreciate clear, comprehensive and timely communication.
I offer services in:
- Elective General Surgery (Lap Cholecystectomies, Lap hernia repair, Carpal Tunnel Release, Skin lesions, breast & other lump & bumps)
- Diagnostic Scopes (Colonoscopy & Upper GI endoscopy)
- Colorectal (Lap and open; benign & malignant; diverticular disease; polyps)
- Pelvic floor (Incontinence, rectal prolapse, haemorrhoids, fissures and fistula, sacral nerve modulation)
- General Abdominal (Lap & open; inguinal hernia, Complex incisional hernia and component separation surgeries)
- Miscellaneous – including emergency procedures (abscesses, hernia, appendix, node/muscle/artery biopsies)
In my personal life, I like to spend time with my family and “four-legged daughter” – a German shepherd who is also the most mischievous. In my spare time, I like to try my hand at photography, computer coding and gardening.
- Skin Melanoma
- Bachelor of Medicine
- Masters in General Surgery
- Fellowship of RACS
- Fellowship Surgical Oncology