Dr Nicholas Lee
Dr Nicholas Lee is a Canadian-Australian Trauma and General Surgeon, Royal Australian Air Force Squadron Leader, and Conjoint Lecturer at the University of Newcastle.
Coming from a multi-generational medical family, he received his MBBS from the University of New South Wales, and his MS from the University of Sydney, winning the Sydney Nade Prize. After completing his FRACS in General Surgery, he completed his Fellowship in Trauma Surgery, and received his appointment at the Royal Australian Air Force.
In addition to his Staff Specialist role at John Hunter Hospital, a major tertiary teaching hospital in NSW, and his Conjoint Lecturer role at the University of Newcastle, Nicholas is passionate about training the next generation of trauma surgeons and is also an examiner for the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons, and an Education Committee member for the NSW Institute of Trauma and Injury Management.
With his research experience at several institutes including The Mayo Clinic in Rochester Minnesota, Nicholas has authored multiple publications, and he is also a peer reviewer for several journals such as the ANZ Journal of Surgery, Hernia, and Trauma Care. He has been on expert panels for trauma surgery.
- Australian and New Zealand Association for the Surgery of Trauma
- Australasian Trauma Society
- General Surgeons Australia
- American Association for the Surgery of Trauma
- Chest Wall Injury Society
- Bachelor of Medicine Bachelor of Surgery
- Master of Surgery
- Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Fellowship in Trauma Surgery