Mr Richard Thompson
UK trained specialist paediatric surgeon with subspecialty interest in colorectal and gastrointestinal disease and dysfunction.
10 years working as specialist consultant paediatric surgeon at the Royal Aberdeen Children's Hospital, UK (2005 - 15)
September 2015 onwards working as a specialist paediatric surgeon on the Gold Coast, admitted to the Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons in 2017.
Supervisor of training to paediatric surgery specialist trainees.
Outreach clinic and day surgery at The Tweed Hospital, NSW
Senior Staff Specialist at Gold Coast University Hosptal and Senior Specialist VMO at The Tweed Hospital
Visiting Medical Officer at Gold Coast Private Hospital and Pindara Private Hospital
- British Association of Paediatric Surgeons
- Scottish Surgical Paediatric Society
- Gold Coast Medical Association
- Australian Medical Association
- Australian and New Zealand Association of Paediatric Surgeons
- Bachelor of Medical Sciences
- Bachelor of Medicine Bachelor of Surgery
- Fellowship of Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Intercollegiate Specialty of Paediatric Surgery
- Fellowship of Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- Fellowship of Royal Australasian College of Surgeons