Learning and development
To ensure you can meet CPD requirements, RACS provides access to a range of programs that provide educational and networking opportunities including:
· Specific professional development and skills programs. All courses are either free of charge or at low cost to Fellows.
· A range of conferences, scientific meetings, and programs such as the Annual Scientific Congress and events and scientific meetings in your jurisdiction.
· ‘Micro Learning’ activities on key surgical standards and reflective practice.
· Webinars and networking events organised by sections and special interest groups.
Safety and quality programs
You are supported to maintain the highest possible levels of patient safety through access to:
· Standards, guidelines, and position papers that provide guidance for what we do.
· Mortality audits that monitor surgical safety, address process errors, and identify significant trends in surgical care.
· A trauma verification program to help hospitals and trauma teams measure their skills and processes against international benchmarks.
Access the latest research and information with RACS publications
Your membership provides free subscriptions to publications including:
· The ANZ Journal of Surgery,a leading publication for surgical research in Australia and Aotearoa New Zealand that carries peer reviewed papers and research.
· Surgical News focuses on news, the latest surgical developments on research funded by scholarships, and RACS events and courses.
· Fax Mentis, an e-bulletin sharing news, information, and events relevant for you once a fortnight.
RACS LibraryAs a RACS member you have access to our library collection and services. Most resources are available through the member portal 24/7. Keep up-to-date with current journals and read key textbooks online. Search the research databases and click through to full text articles of interest. Our experienced library team are available to assist you in your research and track down any hard-to-find references.
Access the library via the RACS website or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Engage with fellow professionals at your nearby RACS office. Contribute to your field by sharing knowledge or conducting assessments. Broaden your horizons and make an impact as a trainer, mentor, examiner, join an interest group, donate to the Foundation for Surgery or get involved in our global health activities.
Enhance your mental, physical and social wellbeing to maintain resilience and continue to perform at your best. Access information on support services and coping strategies for challenging and stressful situations