Policy and guideline
Recipients are required to:
- present their research at the annual meeting of the Surgical Research Society of Australasia (or an agreed equivalent) at least once during, or in the 12 months following, the scholarship period.
Who can apply?
To be eligible for this scholarship, you need to:
- be a RACS Fellow
- Specialist International Medical Graduate (SIMG)
- SET Trainee or
- a non-RACS medical scientist sponsored by a RACS Fellow.
- SET applicants who are not accepted into the SET program may still be considered for this scholarship if they meet the criteria of being a non-RACS medical scientist who is sponsored by a RACS Fellow.
- you may not re-apply if you have previously received this scholarship.
Your activity needs to focus on research into the prevention and treatment of trauma injuries in Australia and Aotearoa New Zealand.
Research is to be undertaken at an approved research institute under the supervision of an experienced investigator.
Unless otherwise negotiated or stipulated in the respective guideline, the commencement date for scholarships is 1 January in the year following application.
Your application is to include:
- your career and employment details
- your research proposal and proposed budget
- a summary of your experience in obtaining and delivering trauma research projects
- a summary of the anticipated future contribution you will make to the prevention and treatment of trauma injuries in Australia and Aotearoa New Zealand
-A letter of endorsement of your research from your university/specialty training committee/PhD supervisor must be uploaded in support of your application.
Selection and awarding
- assessment is via written application only. There is no interview for this scholarship.
- the selection panel is comprised of representatives of the ANZ Scholarship and Grant Committee and the Trauma Committee.
- the scholarship consists of a stipend only and will be paid to the administering institution upon receipt of a valid tax invoice. Payment will be made prior to 1 March in the scholarship year.
Application is via the Scholarships and Grants Program online platform, RACS Unlock, hosted by Survey Monkey Apply.
You may register as an applicant on RACS Unlock at any time, however applications will not display on your dashboard until the Scholarships and Grants Program application opening date. There is no need to re-register if you already have a RACS Unlock registration.
Please note: emailed applications are not accepted.