Conditions, policy and guideline
The recipient must follow all instructions from the host college while in attendance at their examinations and comply with all examination guidelines, procedures and instructions set and otherwise directed by the College.
In addition to submitting an end-of-year report as requested by the Scholarships and Grants department, the recipient is required to present their findings to their Specialty Court and the Full Court.
Please also refer to the:- Learning and Development grant policy
- Grant guideline (PDF 87.72KB)
Who can apply?
The applicant must be a Fellow who is CPD compliant and a current member of RACS Full Court at the time of both the application and the visit.
The application is to include:
- the relevant Specialty
- the location and details of the surgical college, the exam/s (dates and times) and the subject of the visit
- the proposed research activity and methodology and an explanation of how this will benefit the RACS Fellowship Examination process
- an overview of how the applicant will further collegiate relations with the international surgical college
- the proposed itinerary and budget for the trip
- the name and correct email addresses for two referees (one of whom must be from the applicant’s Specialty Court). They will receive an invitation to view parts of your online application and provide recommendations.
Selection and awarding
The distribution of the available funds is determined by the selection panel subject to the merits of the application/s received and in consideration of providing equal opportunity for each Specialty Court. A maximum of $10,000 may be awarded per grant.
The selection panel is comprised of:
- the Chair and deputy chair of the Court of Examiners and a Senior Examiner
The Manager, Examinations and the Executive General Manager, Education (or their delegate) are observers.
- payment is made directly to the recipient by 1 March in the scholarship year (following receipt of a valid invoice)
To applyApplication is via the Scholarships and Grants Program online platform, RACS Unlock, hosted by Survey Monkey Apply.
You may register as an applicant on RACS Unlock at any time, however applications will not display on your dashboard until the Scholarships and Grants Program application opening date in April. There is no need to re-register if you already have a RACS Unlock registration.
Please note: emailed applications are not accepted.
Visit RACS Unlock