Donate now: Support the Ngarra Grant
If you would like to join Dr Macintosh and stand with female Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander surgeons, please select one of the following options:
RACS members may donate online and email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know your donation is for the Ngarra Grant.
Who can apply?
All applicants must identify as being female and be eligible to be a member of the Australian Indigenous Doctors' Association (AIDA).
The Indigenous Health Committee will determine priorities for eligibility prior to applications opening - these may include final year medical students, junior doctors, SET Trainees and RACS Fellows.
ActivityThe Grant may be used to fund an educational activity. The costs may include but are not limited to post-graduate studies, course fees, conference presentation and/or attendance, mentoring programs, travel, professional childcare and accommodation expenses.
SelectionSelection is based on the written application submitted via RACS Unlock.
The selection panel may include the Chair (or nominee) and a second member of the Indigenous Health Committee, the President (or nominee) of AIDA and/or one additional member of a RACS Committee.
How to apply
Applications are to include:
- your career and employment details
- your activity proposal including: how your activity will benefit your professional development; and contribute to improving Australian surgical standards and knowledge base
- statements addressing your aspirations, benefits to your current stage of training or medical career, and current and future commitment to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health
- proposed costs
- evidence of eligibility for membership to AIDA
- name and email addresses for two referees (recommenders) who will then receive an invitation to view parts of your online application and provide a recommendation. It is preferred that one of your referees is an AIDA representative or a community leader.
Depending on eligibility in a given round, the following evidence may be required:
- Junior doctors only - evidence of registration as a medical doctor in Australia
- Final year medical students only - evidence of medical school enrolment
Conditions and application