Who can apply?
To be eligible for this grant, you need to be a RACS Younger Fellow who will return to practice in Australia or Aotearoa New Zealand following the Fellowship activity.
RACS Younger Fellows are defined as obtaining Fellowship within the past ten years.
FRACS applicants may apply for this grant providing they meet the eligibility requirements outlined in the Applying to the Scholarships and Grants Program webpages.
Value$7,500 each (up to two grants given)
The grant may fund travel, accommodation and living expenses, supporting the recipient to study and gain clinical experience overseas.
Please note, due to the impact of COVID-19, preference will be given to activity that can be undertaken in Australia or Aotearoa New Zealand. If you wish to travel to another country, you will need to substantiate in the activity proposal section of your application why the activity cannot be undertaken in Australia or Aotearoa New Zealand and that your reason to travel has been confirmed (for example a conference is proceeding).
Preference will be given to those who:
- are in their earlier post-Fellowship years
- have secured appointments to established units
- have not secured alternative financial support.
The selection panel is comprised of representatives of the Australia and Aotearoa New Zealand Scholarship and Grant Committee (ANZSGC) and the Younger Fellows Committee.
Recipient obligationsUpon completion of the grant, the recipient is required to:
- return to practice in Australia or Aotearoa New Zealand
- if asked, present a brief presentation at the Annual Scientific Congress (5-10 minute presentation at Younger Fellows Committee face-to-face meeting)
- be actively involved in the Younger Fellows Committee and/or other RACS activities.
Your application is to include:
- your career and employment details
- your activity proposal including: how your activity will benefit your professional development; and contribute to improving Australian and/or Aotearoa New Zealand surgical standards and knowledge base
- the expected outcomes of your activity
- proposed costs
- confirmation of appointment and details of any financial support or funding already secured
- name and email addresses for two referees (recommenders) who will then receive an invitation to view parts of your online application and provide a recommendation.