Conditions, policy and guidelineAs a condition of offer, the recipient is required to submit a short acceptance video via RACS Unlock, along with their acceptance form.
Upon completion of the grant year, the recipient is required to:
- return to practice in Australia or Aotearoa New Zealand
- if asked, present a brief presentation at RACS Annual Scientific Congress (5-10 minute presentation at Younger Fellows Committee face-to-face meeting)
- be actively involved in the Younger Fellows Committee and/or other RACS activities.
Please also refer to the:
- Learning and Development grant policy (PDF 146.03KB)
- Grant guideline (PDF 115.69KB)
Who can apply?
Applications are open to RACS Younger Fellows who will return to practice in Australia or Aotearoa New Zealand following the grant activity.
RACS Younger Fellows are defined as obtaining Fellowship within the past ten years. FRACS applicants may apply for this grant.
Your application is to include:
- your career and employment details
- your activity proposal including: how your activity will benefit your professional development; and contribute to improving Australian and/or Aotearoa New Zealand surgical standards and knowledge base
- the expected outcomes of your activity
- proposed costs
- evidence of confirmation of appointment including details of any financial support or funding already secured
Selection and awarding
Selection is assessed via written application including:
- the applicant’s ability to demonstrate the benefits of their proposal to the surgical community in Australia and Aotearoa New Zealand
- the proposed studies and benefits to be gained.
Should two applicants be equally suitable, preference will be given to those who:
- are in their earlier post-Fellowship years
- have secured appointments to established units
- have not secured alternative financial support
The selection panel is comprised of representatives of the Younger Fellows Committee and may include representatives from the ANZ Scholarships and Grants Committee.
- payment is made directly to the recipient by 1 March in the scholarship year (following receipt of a valid invoice)
To applyApplication is via the Scholarships and Grants Program online platform, RACS Unlock, hosted by Survey Monkey Apply.
You may register as an applicant on RACS Unlock at any time, however applications will not display on your dashboard until the Scholarships and Grants Program application opening date in April. There is no need to re-register if you already have a RACS Unlock registration.
Please note: emailed applications are not accepted.
Visit RACS Unlock