Conditions, policy and guideline
Recipients are required to:
- present their research at the annual meeting of the Surgical Research Society of Australasia (or an agreed equivalent) at least once during, or in the 12 months following, the scholarship period.
Please also refer to:
- the Scholarships and Grants program research scholarship policy (PDF 276.42KB)
- the Foundation for Surgery Research Scholarship guideline (PDF 429.18KB)
Who can apply?
To be eligible for this scholarship, you need to be:
- a RACS Fellow, Specialist International Medical Graduate (SIMG) on the pathway to RACS Fellowship or a SET Trainee
- enrolled (or intending to enrol) in a higher degree such as a Masters, PhD or equivalent.
Your application is to include:
- your career and employment details
- your research proposal including: your project aim and research questions; research objectives; scientific literature references; research design; data analysis; limitations and assumptions and research plan.
- a list of (up to) your five most important publications including their DOI or URL (optional)
- a list of (up to) your five most important conference presentations (optional)
- proposed budget
- names and correct email addresses for two referees (recommenders) – one of whom is your supervisor – who will then receive an invitation to view parts of your online application and provide a recommendation.
Selection and awarding
Selection is assessed via written application with shortlisted applicants invited to interview.
The selection panel is comprised of representatives of the ANZ Scholarship and Grant Committee.
This scholarship will be paid to the administering institution upon receipt of a valid tax invoice as requested by the Scholarships and Grants team.
Payment will be made in one instalment prior to 1 March in the scholarship year.
Application is via the Scholarships and Grants Program online platform, RACS Unlock, hosted by Survey Monkey Apply.
You may register as an applicant on RACS Unlock at any time, however applications will not display on your dashboard until the scholarship opening date. There is no need to re-register if you already have a RACS Unlock registration.
Please note: emailed applications are not accepted.
Visit RACS Unlock