Who can apply?
Applications for 2022 activity are now closed.
To be eligible for this scholarship, you need to:
- be a RACS Fellow, Specialist International Medical Graduate (SIMG) or SET Trainee
- have experience in obtaining and delivering surgical education programs.
Please note, this scholarship is not available to:
- SET applicants
- past Ian and Ruth Gough Surgical Education Scholarship recipients.
ActivityThis scholarship funds travel and/or professional development, training or a research activity that supports the recipient to become an expert surgical educator.
Selection is assessed via the written application.
The selection panel is comprised of representatives of the ANZ Scholarship and Grant Committee and Professor Gough or his nominee.
Recipient obligationsRecipients are required to present their scholarship activity at the annual meeting of the Surgical Research Society of Australasia or an agreed equivalent, within the 12 months following the scholarship period.
PaymentThis scholarship is paid directly to the recipient following receipt of a valid tax invoice as requested by the Scholarships and Grants department. Payment will be made in one instalment prior to 1 March in the scholarship year.
The application is to include:
- a program proposal outlining the travel, professional development, training or research activity. A travel proposal must include acceptance of visits to specialist centres or into courses that will enhance the applicant’s ability to become an expert surgical educator.
- a statement that summarises the applicant’s experience in obtaining and delivering surgical education programs and the anticipated future contribution they will make to surgical education in Australia and/or Aotearoa New Zealand.
Before applying, please read: