Policy and guideline
Recipients are required to:
- present their scholarship activity at the annual meeting of the Surgical Research Society of Australasia or an agreed equivalent, within the 12 months following the scholarship period.
Please refer to the:
- Research scholarship policy (PDF 203.34KB)
- Ian and Ruth Gough Surgical Education Scholarship guideline (PDF 118.23KB)
Who can apply?
To be eligible for this scholarship, you need to:
- be a RACS Fellow, Specialist International Medical Graduate (SIMG on the pathway to RACS Fellowship) or SET Trainee
- have experience in obtaining and delivering surgical education programs.
Please note, this scholarship is not available to:
- SET applicants
- past Ian and Ruth Gough Surgical Education Scholarship recipients.
Your application is to include:
- your career and employment details
- your activity proposal
- proposed budget
- evidence of your confirmed visit to a specialist centre or course enrolment that will enhance your ability to become an expert surgical educator
- a statement summarising your experience in obtaining and delivering surgical education programs and the anticipated future contribution you will make to surgical education in Australia and Aotearoa New Zealand
- name and correct email addresses for two referees (recommenders) who will then receive an invitation to view parts of your online application and provide a recommendation.
Selection and awarding
- assessment is by written application only
- the selection panel is comprised of representatives of the ANZ Scholarship and Grant Committee and Professor Gough or his nominee
- payment is made directly to the recipient by 1 March in the scholarship year (following receipt of a valid invoice)
To applyApplication is via the Scholarships and Grants Program online platform, RACS Unlock, hosted by Survey Monkey Apply.
You may register as an applicant on RACS Unlock at any time, however applications will not display on your dashboard until the Scholarships and Grants Program application opening date in April. There is no need to re-register if you already have a RACS Unlock registration.
Please note: emailed applications are not accepted.
Visit RACS Unlock