On this page
Who can apply? RACS Fellows, SET Trainees*
Interest area Higher degree research (USA)
*SIMGs and SET applicants are ineligible
This scholarship is offered through RACS Military Section and is funded by the American Department of Defense as part of an international surgical exchange with the United States, The scholarship recipient will work on Combat Casualty Care Resuscitation Research with the Uniformed Services University of Health Sciences (USUHS), Maryland.
Who can apply?
To be eligible for this scholarship, you need to be:
- a RACS Fellow or SET Trainee who is a citizen of, and permanently residing in, Australia or New Zealand.
Preference will be given to serving members of the Australian Defence Force.
This scholarship is not available to Specialist International Medical Graduates and SET applicants.
The selection panel is comprised of members of the Executive of the Military Section.
- is required to undertake the research study at the UHUHS, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
- should liaise with the USUHS to determine an agreed start date
- is encouraged to enrol in a Masters or Doctorate at USUHS
- will examine “Combat Casualty Care Resuscitation Research” under the supervision of a nominated representative from USUHS.
Upon their return to Australia or New Zealand, the recipient is required to present their research at the Military Section Free Paper Session at the next College Annual Scientific Congress (ASC) held each May.
Scholarships and grants department
Telephone: +61 8 8219 0924