Who can apply?
To be eligible for this scholarship, you need to be:
- a RACS Fellow, Specialist International Medical Graduate (SIMG) or SET Trainee
- undertaking (or intending to undertake) research with a focus on the prevention, causes, effects, treatment and/or care of cancer.
ActivityYour research activity needs to focus on the prevention, causes, effects, treatment and/or care of cancer.
Preference may be given to projects that are likely to have clinical relevance within a relatively short period of time and applicants who are:
- currently working in Queensland or Tasmania
- enrolled in (or intending to enrol in) a higher degree such as a Masters, PhD or the equivalent
- early-career researchers (Trainees or within 10 years of Fellowship)
Selection is assessed via written application with shortlisted applicants invited to interview. The selection panel is comprised of representatives of the ANZ Scholarship and Grant Committee.
Recipient obligationsRecipients are required to present their research at the annual meeting of the Surgical Research Society of Australasia (or an agreed equivalent) at least once during, or in the 12 months following, the scholarship period.
PaymentThis scholarship will be paid to the administering institution upon receipt of a valid tax invoice as requested by the Scholarships and Grants department. Payment will be made in one instalment prior to 1 March in the scholarship year.