Who can apply?
To be eligible for this scholarship, you need to be:
- a RACS Fellow, Specialist International Medical Graduate (SIMG) or SET Trainee
- enrolled (or intending to enrol) in a higher degree such as a Masters, PhD or the equivalent.
ActivityYour research activity needs to focus on a topic relevant to the practice of surgery outside metropolitan areas.
Preference will be given to:
- applicants whose research topic is relevant to the practice of surgery outside metropolitan areas
- early-career academic surgeons (Trainees or Fellows who are within ten years of Fellowship)
Selection is assessed via written application with shortlisted applicants invited to interview. The selection panel is comprised of representatives of the ANZ Scholarship and Grant Committee.
Recipient obligationsRecipients are required to present their research at the annual meeting of the Surgical Research Society of Australasia (or an agreed equivalent) at least once during, or in the 12 months following, the scholarship period.
PaymentThis scholarship will be paid to the administering institution upon receipt of a valid tax invoice as requested by the Scholarships and Grants department. Payment will be made in one instalment prior to 1 March in the scholarship year.
Applications for 2022 activity are now closed.
Before applying, please read:
- general information on the Scholarships and Grants Program
- program conditions and recipient obligations
- conditions specific to this opportunity as stated on this page.